[GWAMIT] Upcoming events for Fall Leadership Conference!

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Thu Oct 30 12:02:00 EDT 2014

Dear GWAMIT Members,

Only 2 events left in the GWAMIT Fall Leadership Conference, Stepping Out: Leading in our Community!

We hope you will join us for tonight's keynote speaker, Susana Malcorra. Susana is the current Chief of Staff to the United Nation's Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon. Previously, she directed logistical, management, and administrative support to all United Nations' peacekeeping and special political missions. She has also acted as COO and Deputy Executive Director of the World Food Programme, overseeing daily emergency and humanitarian operations in more than 80 countries. And she's an electrical engineer! Please join us for this interesting and inspiring keynote.

Thursday 10/30
Susana Malcorra (Chef de Cabinet, United Nations)
5:30-6:30 in 32-155
Reception to follow
RSVP: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/keynote-address-susana-malcorra-tickets-13139619957?ref=ebtn

Also, please join us tomorrow during lunch for a panel entitled Status of Women: Past, Present, and Future. We will be screening a short documentary telling the story of the 1999 Report on the Status of Women in Science, featuring interviews with many of the women and men who participated in the effort. The screening will be followed by a panel discussion with current female university leaders, Chancellor Cynthia Barnhart and Dean Christine Ortiz, along with current students Kamilla Tekiela and Caroline Chin.

Status of Women: Past, Present, Future
Friday 10/31
Featuring Chancellor Cynthia Barnhart, Dean Christine Ortiz, Kamilla Tekiela & Caroline Chin, ’16
Screening of a short documentary on the 1999 report on the status of women, produced by MIT Video
Co-hosted by SWIM
12-1pm in W20-307
Lunch served during the event
RSVP: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/status-of-women-past-present-and-future-tickets-13139999091?ref=ebtn

Hope to see you there!

GWAMIT Fall Leadership Conference committee