[GWAMIT] Announcements

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Mon Aug 23 10:23:18 EDT 2010

*

Dear GWAMIT Members,

Enjoy the Week!

The GWAMIT Board

Visit us at: http://gsc.mit.edu/gwamit

Send your ideas to: gwamit-exec at mit.edu

Send your announcements to: gwamit-sec at mit.edu

Join the GWAMIT Leadership Conference Planning Committee!*

The planning for the GWAMIT Leadership Conference (Nov 8 - 10, 2010) is off
to a great start!  We have an exciting lineup of events planned that
includes:

- A keynote by Dr. Sophie Vandebroek, CTO of Xerox, with opening remarks by
MIT President Susan Hockfield.
- A negotiation seminar given by Dr. Deborah Kolb, author of "Her Place at
the Table," and an expert on gender issues
in negotiation and leadership.
- An assertive communication workshop led by the dynamic Prof. Roberta
Pittore, M.B.A.
- A personal leadership evaluation workshop led by the MIT LEGS program.

*We need volunteers *to help with planning and leading events.  Planning
committee members will be guaranteed a spot at all of the events, some of
which have limited space available.  In addition, committee members will be
able to help shape the first-ever GWAMIT Leadership Conference and set an
example for years to come. * Join the team by e-mailing Clarissa at
ccl at mit.edu!*
*
*
To learn more about the conference and the volunteer opportunities
available, visit: http://bit.ly/ccSZko