Random Seed

vijay G kovvali vkovvali at lycos.com
Sat Mar 24 15:57:07 EST 2001

Hello, when I run the GA for a given seed, why am I am not getting the same set of solutions everytime? The intialization step gives me the same set of inital population everytime, but the step(), doesn't seem to take random numbers from the psuedo-random generator that the seed generates, and different population for each run in the 1st generation. Can you please give me some suggestions on how I can get the same output for a given seed.

I am trying to develop a traffic signal optimization software that uses GALib for GA based optimization, and I need to get the same optimal solution each and everytime for a given seed.

Thank you for any input you can provide.

Vijay