retrieving individuals' indices

Morgan Tamplin morgant at dai.ed.ac.uk
Wed Jul 15 13:22:19 EDT 1998

Hello!

I wonder if anyone knows how to get Galib to return a unique number for
each individual of an evolving population?  I've looked back and forth
through the manual and have found nothing like that.  The closest I've
found is a member function that returns a number for the generation.
Ideally it should be callable from the Objective function.

I need this because my GA requires an external simulator to produce the
evaluation.  The simulator requires and creates its own files for each
run.  I decided the easiest way to manage potentially 10000 simulator
runs would be to put them into individually labelled directories in the
form "generation-member".

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated!  I'm stumped.

Cheers,
Morgan

--
Morgan R. Tamplin --PhD Student, Integrated Systems Group
Rm 2.7 Dept. of Electrical Engineering, University of Edinburgh