[Econfon] Tonight's meeting place

Noemi Giszpenc giszpenc at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 10:02:41 EST 2004

Hiya Econfoners,

==========
If you want to get removed from this list, let me know! Traffic is about to
pick up substantially! I'll still love you even if you want to leave...
(*sniff*)  ;)
==========

***Please let me know if you plan on coming (on time) tonight so I know to
wait for you.***

I'm sad to say that I haven't exactly got a classroom yet for tonight, but
the schedules office has promised me one before the end of the day. So, to
prevent confusion and to make it easier for folks unfamiliar with MIT, let's
meet up in Lobby 7--the big lobby at the top of the main steps that are on
Massachusetts avenue. See map (look for the number 7 next to Mass ave):
http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?zoom=level3&centerx=709840&centery=495543&oldzoom=level4&map.x=302&map.y=193

Getting there: the number 1 bus stops right in front of the main steps. If
you take the T to Central Square, it is a longish but direct walk straight
down Massachusetts ave (or for an extra 90 cents you can hop on the number 1
bus). If you take the T to Kendall square, it is a shorter but probably more
confusing walk. On the above map, scroll northeast once, and you'll see the
Kendall sq T stop marked in the upper right hand corner. Probably the
easiest way to get to Lobby 7 from the T is to walk down Carleton Street,
hang a right on Amherst Street, walk straight through campus until you hit
building 6, turn right again until you get to building 8, then walk inside
along the "Infinite Corridor" through building 8, 4, 10, 3, and finally 7.

If you get there late and we've gone, I'll have left a note--cross the
lobby, and look at the bulletin board to the right of the long, main
corridor directly across from the Mass ave doors.

Sorry for all the cloak-and-dagger stuff.

In cheerier news, the SYLLABUS is finally online! See
www.ai.mit.edu/projects/econfon. So is Lecture 1, tonight's class. And so,
dear students, is problem set 1. :)

A bumpy start, but things should smooth out. Looking forward to seeing you
all tonight,

Noemi