[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Map for each ECCO LLC90 tiles

Wang, Ou (US 329B) ou.wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 16 15:29:42 EST 2024

Hello Ashfaq,

You can use Cartopy to create more beautiful plots with a projection, similar to the example of using the Polar Stereographic Projection provided in the ECCO v4-py tutorial (https://ecco-v4-python-tutorial.readthedocs.io/ECCO_v4_Plotting_Tiles.html#Polar-Stereographic-Projection).

The Python package ECCOv4-py includes a function named plot_proj_to_latlon_grid (https://github.com/ECCO-GROUP/ECCOv4-py/blob/master/ecco_v4_py/tile_plot_proj.py), which allows you to generate a projected plot. This function first maps the input field from the native model grid to a latitude-longitude grid. Subsequently, it uses Cartopy to create a plot with a user-selected projection from a list of available options, including the Polar Stereographic Projection.

Best,
Ou Wang