[ecco-support] missing values in ECCO V4r4 monthly interpolated climatology

Wang, Ou (US 329B) ou.wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 5 20:19:54 EDT 2023

Hello Haakon,

You were looking at an earlier version of ECCO V4r4. There is a newer version available with improved metadata and flags for dry points. You can access it at https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/ECCO. Please use this updated version. It's worth noting that the two versions have identical model fields (THETA, in your case) at wet points.

Click the URL above. Scroll down slightly and click on “Data” in the left. This will bring you to a list displaying various V4r4 fields. From there, click on “ECCO Ocean Temperature and Salinity - Monthly Mean 0.5 Degree (Version 4 Release 4)<https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/dataset/ECCO_L4_TEMP_SALINITY_05DEG_MONTHLY_V4R4>”. For your convenience, here is the direct URL to the field for monthly mean THETA on the regular 0.5x0.5 degree lat-lon grid:
https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/dataset/ECCO_L4_TEMP_SALINITY_05DEG_DAILY_V4R4

Instructions for downloading ECCO V4r4 from PO.DAAC can be found at
https://ecco-group.org/products-ECCO-V4r4.htm. Scroll down slightly and click on the “PO.DAAC Downloading Instructions” button located on the right. As an additional note, the button labeled “ECCO Datasets on PO.DAAC” situated above the “PO.DAAC Downloading Instructions” button provides a more visual way to choose a specific V4r4 field on PO.DAAC.

Best,
Ou Wang