[ecco-support] Help in running ECCO

Wannipurage, Dimuthu Upeksha dwannipu at iu.edu
Fri Mar 10 18:06:04 EST 2023

Hello

I am trying to reproduce the ECCO simulation mentioned in  https://ecco-group.org/docs/v4r4_reproduction_howto.pdf  on a non HPC environment. I managed to build the code and properly configure MPI and Fortran environment. When I tried to run the model using mpirun -np 96 ./mitgcmuv command, first I got an error mentioning that eedata file was not found. Then I created an eedata file with simple configurations as below

&EEPARMS
nTx=1,
nTy=1,
&

Next I got another error mentioning “(PID.TID 0000.0001) *** ERROR *** File data does not exist!”. I have noticed that MITGcm requires a data file which contains model parameters but there was no such in the NASA input repository. It would be a great help if someone can help me to figure out how to fix this issue. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Dimuthu