[ecco-support] Using Release 4 of version 4 for Heat budget

Sajidh C K sajidh.ck at incois.gov.in
Sat Oct 1 09:18:32 EDT 2022

Dear Ecco-support team,
      I am Sajidh CK working at the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (Hyderabad, India) as a research fellow in physical oceanography. I am interested in using  the ECCO-V4r4<https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/ECCO> data for a regional budget and had some queries regarding the product and the ecco_v4_py python package.

      1) Is there anything I need to keep in mind while using the version 4 data for a heat budget in the ecco_v4_py          package?. Release 3 is used for the examples in the GitHub page. would it work the same for version 4?.

      2) Can I calculate a regional budget by just taking an area average from the global budget?.

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Sajidh CK
Senior Research Fellow