[Dspace-general] view videos

Stuart Lewis s.lewis at auckland.ac.nz
Tue May 26 23:01:17 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I can't guarantee this is how UPC.edu achieved it, but it looks as if it is implemented as follows:

-          Embed some code in DSpace somewhere suitable (e.g. in display-item.jsp, or more likely ItemTag.java)

-          Make this code look for bitstreams with a .flv (flash video) / .mp4 / .mp3 / .aac  extension

-          If it detects one, add the Javascript required to show the player (in this example http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/) with it configured to play the relevant bitstream (e.g. http://upcommons.upc.edu/video/bitstream/2099.2/648/4/Cap%204_VP6_1Mbps.flv)

A pretty quick and easy solution, that works well.

Cheers,

Stuart Lewis

Digital Services Programmer

Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library

Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928

http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz <http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/> /