[Dspace-general] DSpace 1.5.2 stable released

Andrea Bollini bollini at cilea.it
Wed Apr 15 03:29:26 EDT 2009

Dear DSpace Community,

We are pleased to announce the release of DSpace 1.5.2 stable.

This release is primarily a bug fix release incorporating numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
We want to highlight the following additions:
- SWORD module/version 1.3.1 supporting the sword standard version 1.3
- cocoon upgraded to 2.2
- fix for the UTF-8 issues with the XMLUI
- new authentication methods: Hierarchical LDAP and Shibboleth
- full update translations: German, Italian for both XMLUI and JSPUI and Ukrainian for JSPUI
- new translations for 1.5.x: Greek and Thai
- graceful resolver for urn in the item page for the JSPUI

Please refer to the

http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS/fixforversion/10012

and SVN history for details on these and all the others modifications.
http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/DSpace_Release_1.5.2_Notes#SVN_Repository_History

We thank all that have helped to make this release possible with bug reports, patches and involvement in the Testhaton Day of the past 25 March.

Although this is a tested stable release, there is always the case that new issues may be uncovered.  We request that community members interested in testing the release please download it and verify that they can complete upgrade and fresh installation.

The documentation for this release is bundled within the package.

DSpace 1.5.2 can be downloaded from the files area at

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=19984

or with SVN from

http://dspace.svn.sf.net/svnroot/dspace/tags/dspace-1.5.2/

Please use the mailing lists to provide feedback on this release.

Those wishing to do development work with DSpace are strongly encouraged to obtain the source code using SVN. This is very straightforward and a guide to doing this is available here:
http://wiki.dspace.org/ContributionGuidelines

We would also like to take this opportunity to invite you all to take part in the DSpace development process. Extra developer hands are always welcome, but there are other ways you can help:

- Test the system and report bugs
- Provide documentation (for end users and institutions, as well as technical)
- Provide or update language packs
- Share your deployment experiences
- Donate content and metadata for testing and research
- Share your technical experience and ideas

Please visit the DSpace Wiki to see the various resources and collaboration tools available to the DSpace community:
http://wiki.dspace.org/DspaceResources

Sincerely,
Andrea Bollini

--
Dott. Andrea Bollini
Project Manager, IT Architect & Systems Integrator

---

Disclaimer: the content of this email is confidential and may be privileged, and it must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system. The content of this email does not constitute legal advice, nor any responsibility is accepted for loss or damage incurred as a result of acting upon its contents or attachments.
The statements and opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the employer.