[Dspace-general] Question for the Librarians

David Palmer dtpalmer at hkucc.hku.hk
Thu Feb 22 21:01:08 EST 2007

We saw an interesting turn.  One of our faculties is now asking that the
budget funding the Library be used to pay for OA charges when their authors
publish in journals offering OA.  Though we have an insitutional repository
here, this faculty has shown no interest in it previously.  I have seen many
cases where the funding body of the research offers to pay these OA charges,
but never one in which the Library pays them.  Are we the first to be so
asked?

David Palmer
Systems Librarian
Technical Services Support Team Leader