[Dspace-general] Do we want to shut down this list?

Peter Morgan pbm2 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 27 02:46:10 EST 2006

Hi Mark,

I entirely support MacKenzie on this.  There are many subscribers to dspace-general (myself included) whose interest is in the less technical aspects of DSpace's use and development.  I also scan dspace-tech - and dspace-devel - to improve my awareness of what's going on, but the stuff that's really relevant to me is almost invariably in dspace-general.  Merging two strands in a single list would, I suspect, annoy more people than it would help.

Perhaps an occasional (quarterly?) reminder to each list from the listowner reiterating its role would be helpful in channelling messages to the correct list.

Peter

--
Peter Morgan
Project Director, SPECTRa