[config-package-dev] How to configure displace extension?

Jonathan D Reed jdreed at MIT.EDU
Wed May 7 17:31:18 EDT 2014

Hi Patrick,

The Debhelper version of config-package-dev does not use the environment variable.  The default value is the first component of the package name (which is why you’re getting .apparmor, since the package is apparmor-profile-anondist).  The expectation is that packages would prefix their packages with a namespace (e.g. something like mylinuxdistro-apparmor-profile or something).

Per the man page:

       debian/package.displace-extension
           This file is used to specify the displace extension for any files
           diverted by this package, if you do not want to accept the default
           of the first word in the package name.  It will not normally be
           present.  (See "CAVEATS".)

So creating debian/apparmor-profile-anondist.displace-extension and should have the contents:
 .anondist

(note the leading dot).

-Jon