[Cad] Interest in CAE?

arthur_torrey@comcast.net arthur_torrey at comcast.net
Sat Nov 21 14:18:34 EST 2015

It would be a nice to have...  I mostly get by using the simple method of 'make it stout, out of stuff you know about' but it would be nice to reduce the overkill on things like part thickness / weight...

No strong opinion on integration vs. separate tools, and if having a separate tool chain would make development of a GUI interface kernel easier then that would be a good thing...  (Might be worth trying to do a 'semi-automatic' thing that would work like the DRC (Design Rules Check) in KiCAD to have a way to do a check on partially completed designs, but that isn't essential)

ART

Arthur Torrey - <arthur_torrey at comcast.net>