[Cad] "Write your own F-rep engine" workshop

Matthew Keeter matt.j.keeter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 22:02:44 EST 2015

Hi all,

One idea that came up in discussions in Sunday was running a set of workshops /
exercise series to implement various bits of CAD from scratch — nothing industrial
strength, but enough to get a feel for the problem space.

I’m willing to mentor / design a series of exercises that builds up a reasonable f-rep
kernel, with the idea that the exercises would be published after being beta-tested
by the group.  Please let me know if you’d be interested in participating.

I’m also interested in participating in a similar program for a constraint solver and / or
b-rep kernel, but am not comfortable enough with those problem spaces to mentor.

-Matt