[ASA-Official] MIT Branding Policies | LEF/ARCADE | New Groups | CPW

Jessica Giang jgiang at mit.edu
Fri Mar 1 21:39:39 EST 2024

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

  *   Student Organization Branding Policies

  *   LEF/ARCADE Spring Applications

  *   New Groups Applications

  *   CPW Midway Signups

________________________________

Student Organization Branding Policies

MIT has guidelines on how our community can use the MIT logo, including specific guidance for student groups and organizations <https://brand.mit.edu/brand-architecture#student-groups>. In particular, the MIT logo can’t be altered or combined with other graphics or text, nor can it be used as your group’s social media icon.

Many student groups have logos that comply with MIT’s guidelines. NOTE: Those with non-compliant logos need to modify them, starting with your website, social media, and any other digital communications by Friday, May 24th, 2024. You can use existing supplies of merchandise and printed materials until you need to reorder. New orders will need to use your group’s modified logo.

See the MIT Brand Guide site <https://brand.mit.edu/> for do/don’t guidance on the MIT logo and other official marks <https://brand.mit.edu/applying-brand/do-dont>, tips for producing branded merchandise <https://brand.mit.edu/applying-brand/branded-merchandise>, and examples of the brand <https://brand.mit.edu/applying-brand/gallery> in action.

Please contact <mit-brand at mit.edu<mailto:mit-brand at mit.edu>>:

  *   If you have questions about whether your group’s logo needs to be modified

  *   To submit proposed updates for review and approval

They are glad to review designs and offer feedback.

________________________________

LEF/ARCADE Spring Applications

LEF/ARCADE winter applications <https://cglink.me/2cy/s562> are open now until March 8th. This cycle covers events from April to June. No extension will be allowed unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Please review the funding guidelines <https://asa.mit.edu/lefarcade-descriptions-guidelines> before applying. In addition, please consider applying for other funding sources <https://asa.mit.edu/group-resources/group-funding> as we expect that LEF/ARCADE will be very competitive.

________________________________

New Group Application and Revivals Form

The Spring 2024 cycle for new group applications is officially open. You can find the application form at <https://cglink.me/2cy/s559>. The application will close on March 5th. Note that any funded groups will not be accepted in time to apply for Spring cycle funding deadlines and should instead target the Summer cycle deadlines.

If you would like to revive a group that has been derecognized in the past 3 years, please also submit the form above.

CPW Midway Signups

The CPW Midway will be on Saturday, April 13th from 1:00-3:00pm in the Johnson Athletic Center (W34). Groups can sign up for the Midway at <https://cglink.me/2cy/s557>. The deadline for signups is Friday, April 5th at 11:59pm.

Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board

<http://web.mit.edu/asa/about/board-members.html<https://owa.exchange.mit.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=yJZiAshjpbls53XEeUTtaeG7QyQZOrRww1ynwDsXIq7mEiCV5MHWCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fweb.mit.edu%2fasa%2fabout%2fboard-members.html>>