[ASA-Official] Space Allocation Cycle Timeline Announced; Feedback Sought on Proposed Policies

Rachel Keeler rhkeeler at MIT.EDU
Sun Oct 6 17:30:37 EDT 2013

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please take note of the following announcements:

1. Space Allocation Cycle Timeline Announced
2. Feedback Sought on Proposed Policies

1. Space Allocation Cycle Timeline Announced

The schedule for the next round of space allocations is as follows:
mid-October: application released
Nov. 11: deadline for submission of applications for space
Dec. 2: category allocations released
Dec. 9: deadline to appeal categorization
Dec. 16: appeals have been heard
Dec. 23: full allocations released

New assignments will take effect during IAP. Details regarding the
application and our priorities in assigning space can be found in Article
VII of our Operating Guidelines, <
web.mit.edu/asa/rules/pdf/ASA-Operating-Guidelines.pdf>. Please email <
asa-space at mit.edu> for more information, or with questions or concerns.

2. Feedback Sought on Proposed Policies

At the General Body Meeting on October 1, we introduced two proposed policy
changes. We are seeking feedback on these proposals.

The first, which concerns the policy that all student groups must have at
least five students and be composed of at least 50% students, can be found
at <http://web.mit.edu/asa/rules/pdf/5-50-proposal.pdf>. Please give us
feedback at <http://goo.gl/6arLbN>.

The second, which concerns the policy that all student groups must be open
to all MIT students, can be found at <
http://web.mit.edu/asa/rules/pdf/openness-proposal.pdf>. Please give us
feedback at <http://goo.gl/gH0tV5>.

Please submit your feedback by the Sunday, October 20.

Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions,
or other inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board