[acs-r] acs version 2.1.4: now on CRAN

Ezra Haber Glenn eglenn at mit.edu
Wed Feb 20 08:10:08 EST 2019

Due to some pesky api address changes at the Census, we've updated the
acs package with yet another quick patch.  Pretty much everything
should work the same --- no improvements, just a fix to allow you to
get data that wasn't fetching.  No other aspects of the package were
changed with this release.

*** Downloading and installing

To install the updated version, simply fire up an R session and type:

#+BEGIN_SRC R

> install.packages("acs", clean=T)
> acs.tables.install()

#+END_SRC

If you're updating from a previous version, don't forget to re-install
or "api.key.migrate()" your api key if it doesn't seem to have been
migrated during install.  We also strongly recommend you run
"acs.tables.install()" as well -- you only need to do this once per
installation (or update), and it will really speed up the package.

Thanks!

--
Ezra Haber Glenn, AICP
Department of Urban Studies and Planning
eglenn at mit.edu
http://dusp.mit.edu/faculty/ezra-glenn
617.253.2024 (w)
617.721.7131 (c)