[acs-r] Accessing 2015 five-year data

Laviolette, Michael Michael.Laviolette at dhhs.nh.gov
Thu Jul 27 14:08:16 EDT 2017

Hi Ezra,

In trying to access the five-year data for 2015, I ran

educ.all <- acs.fetch(15, geography = geo.make(state = 33), table.number = "B15001")

and got the "no variable lookup tables were available" message.  Going directly to Census API seemed to work.

api.census.gov/data/2015/acs5?get=NAME,B15001_001E&for=state:33&key=

[["NAME","B15001_001E","state"],
["New Hampshire","1052521","33"]]

Am I doing something wrong or does the package need updating?

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Laviolette PhD MPH
Public Health Statistician
Bureau of Public Health Statistics and Informatics
New Hampshire Division of Public Health Services
29 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301-6504
Phone: 603-271-5688
Email: Michael.Laviolette at dhhs.nh.gov
"Improving Health, Preventing Disease, Reducing Costs for All"