[acs-r] acs version 2.1.0 update

Ezra Haber Glenn eglenn at mit.edu
Tue Jul 11 15:32:30 EDT 2017

PS, two additional thoughts for current acs-package users who are
upgrading to 2.1.0:

1) When updating, try the "clean=T" option, which may be able to
   migrate your census api key:

> update.packages("acs", clean=T)

  If this fails to migrate the key, you can always try:

> api.key.migrate()

  And, if all else fails, just re-install a key with
  api.key.install().

2) After installing (and loading) the package, we *highly* recommend
installing acs variable lookup tables on your system -- these are not
migrated, and installing them greatly speeds up the package:

> acs.tables.install()”

 (And since you are *installing* the table, you only need to do this
 once --- or just once, until new acs tables come out.)

Best.
Ezra

eglenn at mit.edu