[acs-r] 2.1.1 Error Message

Patton, Andrew APatton at marincounty.org
Thu Aug 3 14:46:16 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I just updated to 2.1.1 after some issues with earlier updates. I had several lengthy scripts that worked perfectly, but now there does not appear to be a connection that works.

I removed the older package, installed 2.1.1, and acquired and activated a new key. The following code generates the attached error. When I run the code via the census api directly, it works fine.

cali <- acs.fetch(endyear = 2014, geography = geo.make(state = 6), table.number = "B15001")
Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection

Thoughts on solutions? Am I just doing  something dumb somewhere? I'm on Windows.

Thanks,

Andrew

Email Disclaimer: http://www.marincounty.org/main/disclaimers