[acs-r] Reference for ACS table numbers?

Ezra Haber Glenn eglenn at mit.edu
Tue May 10 09:13:20 EDT 2016

acs.lookup is really a pretty crude tool -- most helpful when you know
the table number and just want to see the variable names, or when you
are looking for some particular needle in the haystack (e.g., variable
about the "Urdu" language).  Other than that, you just get too many
hits, as you note.

Probably a better source would be th CensusReporter site at
<https://censusreporter.org/>.

--Ezra

On Thu, 05 May 2016 16:25:08 -0400, Tim Kiely wrote:

> [1  <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
> [1.1  <text/plain; utf-8 (base64)>]
> [1.2  <text/html; utf-8 (base64)>]
> Hi - If I’m interested in looking up a specific table in ACS, is there a lookup table? Unfortunately,
> sometimes using “acs.lookup” returns a frustratingly high number of results. Thanks!
>
> --
>
> Tim Kiely
>
> +1-978-590-7176
>
> Hodges Ward Elliott, Inc.
>
> 1140 Avenue of the Americas, 19th Floor
>
> New York, NY 10036
>
> www.hwerealestate.com
>

> [2  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]

Ezra Haber Glenn, AICP
Department of Urban Studies and Planning
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave., Room 7-337
Cambridge, MA 02139
eglenn at mit.edu