[acs-r] acs version 1.3: test-drive it now

Ezra Haber Glenn eglenn at mit.edu
Sun Mar 6 11:02:08 EST 2016

Dear acs.R users:

After far too long, we are nearing completion of version 1.3 of the
acs package. As a special benefit to our loyal users and members of
the the acs.R mailing list (read: "as a clever way to enlist some help
to test-drive this thing before releasing on CRAN..."), we are making
available a special sneak-peak, pre-release version for you to install
and try out.

The biggest improvement is full support for all ACS, SF1, and SF3 data
currently available via the Census API, including ACS data from
2005-2014 and Decennial data from 1990, 2000, and 2010, but there are
other small changes as well.

For the full story, and to learn how to get it now before it is
available on CRAN, see
<http://eglenn.scripts.mit.edu/citystate/2016/03/acs-version-1-3-test-drive-it-now/>.

Thanks for using the acs package and helping spread the gospel of R!

--Ezra
--
Ezra Haber Glenn, AICP
Department of Urban Studies and Planning
eglenn at mit.edu
http://dusp.mit.edu/faculty/ezra-glenn | http://eglenn.scripts.mit.edu/citystate/
617.253.2024 (w)
617.721.7131 (c)