[acs-r] Block group level poverty measures?

Ezra Haber Glenn eglenn at mit.edu
Mon Sep 21 12:42:17 EDT 2015

I suspect the blockgroups are too small and they are not reporting the
data.  Can you provide an example of somewhere you saw the data
reported at this level elsewhere (e.g., on factfinder)?

At Mon, 21 Sep 2015 09:33:38 -0700, Chris Cambron wrote:

> [1  <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
> [1.1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
> [1.2  <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> Hi,
> I've been attempting to pull data on poverty measures through the ACS package (vars:
> B17001_001, B17001_002). These don't seem to be available at the block group level (tract
> comes through fine). They appear to be published though in other places. Any thoughts on
> why this might be?
> Thanks!
>
> Chris Cambron, MSW, MPP
> Doctoral Student
> Social Development Research Group
> School of Social Work   |  University of Washington
> ccambron at uw.edu  |  www.sdrg.org
>

> [2  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]

Ezra Haber Glenn, AICP
Department of Urban Studies and Planning
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave., Room 7-337
Cambridge, MA 02139
eglenn at mit.edu