[acs-r] access to specific table via ACS in R

Ezra Haber Glenn eglenn at mit.edu
Mon Oct 12 16:08:06 EDT 2015

As far as I know, the S2401 table is not provided through the API.  Is
it something that perhaps can be derived from other tables?  For
example, B24012 ("SEX BY OCCUPATION AND MEDIAN EARNINGS IN THE PAST 12
MONTHS (IN 2013 INFLATION-ADJUSTED DOLLARS) FOR THE CIVILIAN EMPLOYED
POPULATION 16 YEARS AND OVER"), which I believe is provided.

At Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:34:56 -0400, Bryan Skelton wrote:

> Question: I am trying to access a specific ACS table, S2401 to get income information.
>
> Please see error below when running the query.
>
> > library(choroplethr)
> > get_acs_data("S2401", "zip")
> Error in seq.default(1, length(names), 2) : wrong sign in 'by' argument
>
> Is it possible this table is simply not yet available via the API?
>
> Thank you.
> Bryan

Ezra Haber Glenn, AICP
Department of Urban Studies and Planning
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave., Room 7-337
Cambridge, MA 02139
eglenn at mit.edu