[acs-r] fetch census data and estimates alongside ACS

Ezra Haber Glenn eglenn at mit.edu
Tue Mar 10 16:23:17 EDT 2015

Unfortunately, although the API provides access to the decennial data,
the acs.R package is not currently configured to access it (the format
for the api calls is a bit different, and the data fetched doesn't
include standard errors).  That said, I think I can pretty easily
write up a modified version of acs.fetch() to provide this
functionality, at least is a clunky way  -- give me a day or so to try
it out.

At Tue, 10 Mar 2015 12:36:07 -0400, Tyler Frazier wrote:

> [1  <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
> [1.1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
>
> [1.2  <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> Hi list,
>
> I was wondering if someone would mind giving me a pointer on how to fetch the Census 2010
> Total Population count as well as the 2013 estimate.
>
> pawleys <- geo.make(state="SC", county="Georgetown", place="Pawleys")
>
> pawleys_pop <- acs.fetch(endyear=2013, span=5, geography=pawleys, table.number="B01003")
>
> maybe a dataset=?
>
> thanks,
>
> Tyler
>
> This e-mail, in its entirety and including all attachments, is intended solely for the use
>   of the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain sensitive information
>  which is privileged, confidential, and the disclosure of which is governed by applicable
>    law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosing,
>     distributing, copying, or taking any action in relation to this e-mail is STRICTLY
>      PROHIBITED. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
>              immediately and destroy the related message and any attachments.
>
>    WARNING: All e-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to public
> disclosure under the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), §30-410 SC Code of
>                                            Laws
>

> [2  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]

Ezra Haber Glenn, AICP
Department of Urban Studies and Planning
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave., Room 7-337
Cambridge, MA 02139
eglenn at mit.edu
http://dusp.mit.edu/faculty/ezra-glenn | http://eglenn.scripts.mit.edu/citystate/
617.253.2024 (w)
617.721.7131 (c)

||         Sick and tired of surveillance?  Use GnuPG with me.          ||
||                  My public key is available here:                    ||
|| <https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x322B632172CDB8DF> ||