[acs-r] acs.R version 1.2: Now, with 2012 data

Ezra Haber Glenn eglenn at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 3 17:09:41 EST 2014

The acs.R package is limited to data available via the API, listed
here: <http://www.census.gov/developers/data/>.  In short, right now
it's only the 5-year survey ending in 2010, 2011, 2012.

In addition, the package can only deal with the "Summary File"
variables -- not the "Data Profiles," which are really in a different
format -- more like short reports than summary tables.

In the future, I expect that the census will add the 1- and 3-year
summary files to the API, at which point the package will be able
fetch those as well.

--Ezra

eglenn at mit.edu