[acs-r] 2012 5 year acs is out

john doe anon.r.user at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 21:26:30 EST 2013

The census just released the 2012 5 year ACS:
http://www.census.gov/acs/www/data_documentation/2012_release/

But when I tried to use acs.R to get data from it I got this message:
In acs.fetch(endyear = endyear, span = span, geography = geography[[1]],  :
  As of the date of this version of the acs package
  Census API did not provides data for selected endyear

Is there an ETA for acs.R supporting this data?

Also, I finally found a page listing all the ACS ever done:
http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/help/jsf/pages/metadata.xhtml?lang=en&type=survey&id=survey.en.ACS_ACS

But when I try to access a lot of this data via the acs.R package I get
errors saying that it's not available via the census api.  Is there any
source listing which subset of this data is available via the api?

Thanks.